Ten Fun Learning Activities You Can Do At Home
By Mr. Waters
1. Write a real letter to a relative or a friend.
2. Spend time in the kitchen. Baking uses math skills like fractions, timing, and measuring.
3. Have a Spelling Bee. Have fun learning new words!
4. Reader's Theater. Pick a story and put on a play. Or print out these paper toys to put on a puppet show.
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Three Billy Goats Gruff
The Three Little Pigs
5. A deck of cards is great for practicing counting. Take turns adding up the numbers.
6. Watch something grow. Can you get a carrot top to resprout? What about a sweet potato or an avocado pit? If it's warm enough plant some seeds outside.
7. Learn a practical skill like how to make a bed or if you are old enough have a grown up show you how to iron a shirt. Be careful! Irons are hot.
8. Learn to tie a knot. "Right over left, left over right"
9. Go on a virtual field trip to an art museum then draw pictures to make a museum of your own.
10. Make pretend money and open a make-believe store. Keep a ledger of your sales.